Do you feel that you know everything there is to know about Disney animated movies? Try to think again.
Forget about deleted scenes, we are talking about characters that hit the cutting room floor and fun anecdotes about character names.
Did you know these fun facts?
- Radio City Music Hall in New York had to reupholster its theatre seats after so many kids wet their pants while watching the “terrifying” Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
- Cinderella, Belle, and Tiana wear opera gloves to signify that they married into royalty, whereas princesses who were born into royalty do not.
- Some scholars believe that Cinderella’s shoes were made of fur in the original fairy tale but were changed to glass as the result of a mistranslation.
- Critics have called The Lion King a «complete rip-off» of a 1960s anime series called Kimba the White Lion.
- Composers wanted The Beatles to voice the vultures in The Jungle Book, but their plan never panned out.
- Disney was able to make Robin Hood for only $5 million by reusing animations from other Disney movies.
- In the 113.760 frames that make up 101 Dalmatians, there is a total of 6.469,952 spots on the dogs.
- Ursula was inspired by the drag queen Divine.
- Tangled is the most expensive animated movie ever made.
- The real name of Boo from Monsters, Inc. is Mary.
- Disney animators use lime green as a signifier of evil.
- And finally Bruce, the great white shark from Finding Nemo, is named after the mechanical shark used in Jaws.