“You are the light of my life,” is one of the things you say to your child, to tell them how much you love them.
But did you know that if you were the light, you could travel around the world 7.5 times in just one second! And if you were a sound, you would take around four hours to go around the earth. Coming to the Earth, if it were as fast as Jupiter, our day would be over in just nine hours! But it is fair enough to give our planet 24 hours to complete a rotation, considering it carries seven billion people on it!
Interesting, isn’t it? These are just some of the many interesting science facts for kids, which amaze even us, the adults. Hello online school has compiled some of the most fascinating scientific facts you can share with your kids. Keep reading to be awed.
Let’s begin with a basic question: What is Science?
It is a systematic and structured study that involves observation, gathering evidence, experimenting, and testing to explain the natural and man-made phenomena. It is the field that allows us to understand the world around us better, and helps us create, build/grow and preserve the good things for the benefit of man, animal and every other organism.
Now that you know what we are talking about, it is time for some fun, good-to-know science facts!
- The DNA in a person’s body, when uncoiled, can stretch from Pluto to the Sun and back.
- A person’s sneeze can travel at speeds of about 100 miles per hour! Imagine if your sneeze fueled your movement!
- Fleas can jump around 130times their own height. So if a flea were a person six feet high, it can jump 780 feet high just like that. No superpowers needed!
- An electric eel can produce up to 650 volts of electricity. Touch it for the biggest shock of your life!
- A photon takes 40,000 years to travel from the core of the sun to the surface of the sun. But it takes just eight minutes to travel from there to the earth.
- Science is a wonderful subject that can create geniuses of ordinary people. All that you need to do is create an interest for the subject in your kid. Open the doors to the world of science and let the child explore. Let them fall in love with the subject. For all you know, you may be nurturing the next Einstein that the world needs.
What is the most interesting science fact known to your kids? Share details about it here.